1. Risk and Safety
HPRC accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any accidents or injuries that may occur whilst riding or spending time around horses, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of HPRC.
All ride at their own risk, acknowledging that riding is a high-risk sport, that they have the requisite skill in order to do so and must ensure that they have their own insurance cover.
Please note whilst riding or spending time with horses you are at risk of injury from the following:
• falling off the horse
• being kicked
• being bitten
• being squashed
• being trodden on
This is not a definitive list. Horses are live, unpredictable animals, and HPRC shall not accept responsibility for any injury which may occur from these or any risks, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of HPRC.
When attending an event or activity, each member or guest must ensure that correct riding equipment is used, with hats to the current recognised standard (PAS 015; ASTM F1163; BSEN 1384; EN1384 and SNELL E2001). Body protectors must be worn for jumping and cross country lessons. Long boots or half chaps and long sleeves must be worn for cross-country lessons. If there are further kit requirements for any riding event or trip this will also be detailed in advance
2. Riding Declarations (hereby accepted by all members)
• I take full responsibility and accept full risk for selecting the activities provided by HPRC and their associated partners and will not take part in any activities that are beyond my level of capability.
• I understand that I use all facilities at each venue and take part in activities at my own risk and that I agree to adhere to the club and instructor’s rules and procedures in order to prevent injury to myself or others.
• I am aware of and understand the potential risks associated with equestrian sports and I am voluntarily partaking in these activities with knowledge thereof.
• I am medically fit enough to take part in the activities I have chosen and will take medical advice if necessary to ensure my safety and that of others around me.
• I have appropriate insurance cover for all riding activities undertaken with HPRC.
• I agree to receive select information from HPRC, associated brands, clubs and events.
• My behaviour will not bring any disrepute to HPRC and its members.
In addition, riding declarations for rides deemed as Intermediate level and above (hereby accepted by all members):
• I am able to groom, tack up and lead a horse safely in a stable or open area.
• I am confident to ride a horse in walk, trot and canter.
• I am of an intermediate to advanced level and am comfortable maintaining a canter and capable of sensitively controlling a keen horse in open space.
3. Riding and Events
HPRC weight limit for members or clients undertaking riding activities is 15 stone. There is no minimum age for members or clients (but where a member or client is under the age of 18, the parent or guardian of that member or client, agrees to these terms and shall sign any appropriate documentation).
HPRC provides access / an introduction to riding venues, but cannot accept responsibility for any injury, theft or accident of any kind once on the premises of the venue subject to the liability of HPRC for death or personal injury caused by negligence.
HPRC shall endeavour to fully describe the nature of the activity and level of riding experience required, however, the member or client books an activity at their own risk and we reserve the right to exclude any rider from proceeding should the instructor on the day consider them not to have the necessary experience or ability.
All members or clients must fully disclose any medical and/or special dietary requirements on an application and for attendance at any activity.
Members and clients are permitted to take part in all activities which are deemed appropriate for their level of membership or experience. However, members and clients must only attend an activity that they have self-assessed as appropriate for their level and HPRC shall take no responsibility for the suitability of activities and are entitled to rely on the representations of a member or client as to their level of skill.
The rider will be required by the venue/instructor to sign a disclaimer on their visit to each venue.
4. Payment & Booking for all activities
Making Your Booking
Once we have received your booking and all appropriate payments, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by sending a Booking Confirmation. You must check all documents (including the Booking Confirmation and Invoice (where applicable)) carefully. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on any document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
5. Membership Conditions:
Management reserve the right to decline the application for membership or service and the right to revoke membership in their sole discretion.